After the extraordinary increase in the price of petroleum products due to the international situation, the government has decided to introduce a temporary reduction of the selling price of heating oil of 15 cts/l including VAT.
This specific and time-limited measure applies automatically, without any further action being required.
To learn about further savings, visit www.energie-spueren.lu for information on how to reduce your energy consumption.
1. What steps do I need to take?
This measure is applied automatically. You do not need to take any action.
2. How long will this measure apply?
- The price reduction for heating oil ('mazout') came into effect on 1 November 2022 and will remain in force until 31 December 2024.
3. What is the financial impact of this measure for me?
Since the state will pay 15 cts/l incl. VAT for certain oil products, the price increase will be absorbed. The exact financial impact depends on your consumption. For a consumption of 3,000 litres of heating oil, the saving will be 450 euros.
Due to the current market situation, oil products may still become more expensive for you despite this measure. In this case, however, the impact of such an increase will be absorbed by this measure.
4. When will I be able to benefit from this financial advantage?
The reduction of 15 cts/l incl. VAT is applied automatically and immediately.